 Marketplace / Auctions / 8544
Re: ebay rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 00:43:57 GMT

Being a eBay seller, I can understand why someone would only ship to a
certain location. Mail from overseas to the US takes a long time, and in
some cases can even take more than a month (long time to wait for a payment
for an auction). Also, if auctioning off something that weighs more than a
couple ounces, the shipping fee can easily exceed the selling price (I know
- just list 'Buyer pays shipping' - but a lot tend to balk and then back out
when they find out the shipping cost is higher than they expected).

In lugnet.market.auction, Adam Murtha writes:
What's your pet ebay hate?

regards
lawrence

"Will ship to the United States only"

I know that it has been discussed here before, and I'm not trying to start
another debate, but sellers who will only sell to the United States really
bug me.

Adam