 Marketplace / Auctions / 8541
Re: ebay rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 23:00:00 GMT

In article <GH51I8.15y@lugnet.com>, cg47@hotmail.com (Bob) wrote:

8. They say the set is "complete" but when it arrives and I build it,
between 5 and 10 pieces are missing!

As a regular e-bay seller this is a tough one. Invariably you get a mixed
box of lego and some plans. You build a set according to the plans. How
do you actually know what bricks came with the set when it was new ?
I always used to say sets were complete and occasionally people I sold to
through e-bay complained of missing parts. If I have them no problem, I
send the parts and a bit extra, usually a mini fig as "courier"
Only once was there a buyer who bugged me for extra parts which most
collectors would have anyway. We can all cope with that sort of "missing"
piece.
And then mistakes can be made when a model is built. Usually a wrong
colour brick or two smaller sizes making up a larger piece. That
irritates me a lot ! I personally dont do that.
And it depends on the buyer. Some people dont want a complete set they
might just want certain parts for their MOCs....good for them . A few
missing parts would not matter unless it was the ones they wanted in the
first place!

Michael Pratt