 Marketplace / Auctions / 8552
Re: ebay rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:56:18 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

"John Radtke" <jaradtke@mindspring.com> wrote:
In lugnet.market.auction, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Dont the US post office have an on-line postal calculator?
Enter the weight, desintation, method of shipment and voila the price.

Aye, there's the rub.  To enter the weight you have to know the weight.
Most people don't have more than a bathroom scale at home.

What?
No one cooks in the USA?

Food scales don't work well, the platforms are usually too small.

I use a Pelouze PE10 postal scale, $84 at OfficeMax.com, they usually have
on-line coupons (check FlamingoWorld, I think I ended up paying $50
delivered). Its a 10-lb capacity scale with auto-off, memory lock holds
reading when large package blocks display. Uses 9V battery.

* Dimensions: 5" x 6-1/2" x 1-1/2"
* Platform Size: 5" x 4-3/4"
* Capacity: 10 lb. x 0.2 oz. (works up to around 11 pounds)
* LCD display

With the increase in Priority Mail, a few extra ounces can cost a few extra $$.

FUT market.shipping

-Rob Doucette.
DoucetteNet LEGO® on Brickbay
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=robatworldnet