 Marketplace / Auctions / 378
Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 06:08:43 GMT

Perhaps a Princess... wrote:

(And yes, I saved my winnings report way back in, what? June? Maybe
earlier? when I got it. It was at the same time as some other fellow
was ALSO running a large parts auction. I won stuff there and long ago
integrated it into my collection. But anyway. I've changed email
programs since then. Beats me if I can find this saved email from 6+
months ago now!)

I understand completely; been there.  As disorganized as I am in
general, I have conditioned myself to print out my AucZILLA tally as
soon as my bids are finalized.

I hear you on planning as well.  When AucZILLA VI winnings arrived, I
had to think hard about why I bid for certain things.  For AucZILLA VII
I was much more focused in my bidding.  The items were for continuing
projects and in few categories-- mainly legs, heads, and baseplates for
my medieval armies.

Although I longed for delivery, I knew the need for the parts would
still be there when they arrived.  And knowing what was coming, I was
able to increase their usefulness through trades and purchases in the
interim.

So I guess my narrow focus helps me tolerate the timeline.  In any case,
you can bet the rent Todd is paying attention so this discussion won't
go for naught.

JSA