 Marketplace / Auctions / 376
Re: Discussion Post: Auczilla
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 04:32:24 GMT

On Thu, 17 Dec 1998 02:04:02 GMT, Larry Pieniazek
<lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> wrote:

James Aldrich wrote:
AucZILLA is what it is; it ain't broke; it doesn't need fixing.
(which pretty much sums up James's (1) whole post, in my opinion)

Just as with the eBay threads, JSA is right, as usual. As far as he
goes, anyway.

That is true. And I will not be bidding in AucZILLA any longer until I
see the distribution time go down. (I have faith that it will.
Eventually) I hate to "vote with my pocketbook" like this when the
person RUNNING the auction is someone I would dearly love to support.
But those are the only options. And because one day he will have the
catalogs/instruction books in the auctions and I'm going to be more
tempted. Oh well.

To that end, are there changes in the public parts of the process that
could be made (other than size reduction which will reduce turnaround
time) to help buyers feel more comfortable with the process?

Perhaps when the "We're sending winnings out" email comes, it could
include what parts, etc are in the box being sent out, so that we have
something to mark our winnings against.

(And yes, I saved my winnings report way back in, what? June? Maybe
earlier? when I got it. It was at the same time as some other fellow
was ALSO running a large parts auction. I won stuff there and long ago
integrated it into my collection. But anyway. I've changed email
programs since then. Beats me if I can find this saved email from 6+
months ago now!)

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com