 Marketplace / Auctions / 362
Discussion Post: Auczilla
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 19:25:38 GMT

I forget if this is the proper place to discuss auction information.
However, it seems the best -- unless the best is lugnet.general. But I
thought to start it here and see how it goes.

I want to say before continuing that I like Todd Lehman. I appreciate
what he has done. I really love the LugNET server (though I've been
too busy of late to do much more than scan.)

However, I just received my AucZILLA winnings (Uh. Auczilla 7, I
believe. The only auction I participated in) It is now December. This
was an auction that took place last (?) summer? Perhaps even April-May
time period -- so long ago that I don't even really remember what I
won or why I bid at all in the auction. So how can I check that I
received the parts that I was supposed to? (I trust Todd, as I said.
But I have had missing parts before even in packages put out by people
I trust. We're all human)

If it was _anyone_ other than Todd, a 6 month delay in receiving
winnings would be making me quite upset. In that time, I have
participated in other auctions -- even some that are fairly large
(though none as big as Todd's I will admit), received all winnings,
found mistakes, and received the replacements for the mistakes!

I don't know a solution to this. But I think that something is broken
with AucZILLA and I just want to know if I'm the only one that feels
this way. Or if I'm missing something? There are obviously a LOT of
people who are quite happy with the way things are going and go on
planning projects months ahead of time. So I know there is something I
must be missing.

Sarah Heacock
sarah@eskimo.com