 Local / Australia / 923
Re: Retail in Tas was Re: Australian Roll Call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 02:32:09 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
You don't have any Big W's at all ? (they are always 10% below retail)
What's the Harris Scarfe selection like, they tend to have some older stock,
due to higher prices, do they ever have Lego sales ?
K-mart have good clearance items. Have you got Model Team 5561's there ?

Nope, no Big W's at all.  Harris Scarfe do have the odd older Lego set
(let's define older as say not before 1997/98 in this case!), in the small
to med size range (say up to $50).  They do have some larger sets but only
recent stuff and never the largest sets.  HS have 20% off storewide sales
with regular monotony (I'm under the impression this is a chain-wide
occurence and not just Tas) but are slightly more expensive to start with
by a couple of dollars.  The only thing is the sales are generally only
advertised that day or the night before and I tend to not find out except
by walking into one by accident.

Is there anything you are particularly after that there is a vague hope
of me finding there?

Kmart clearances tend to be pretending to be something they're not, down
here i.e. "clearance" means "we want to get rid of this so we'll put a
big clearance tag on it but if you check the reg. price underneath we
haven't actually marked it down".  Have seen Model Team 5563 in abundance
but not 5561, haven't actually checked under the clearance tags for the
reg price though, it's vaguely possible that these are really on special.

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com