 Local / Australia / 769
Re: Australian Roll Call
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 24 May 2000 02:44:36 GMT

besides, Kerry sounded lonely :) ).

Not so much lonely as surprised that the Australian roll call was showing a
very different demographic profile to what I was expecting. Based on
conversations in other not-specifically-Australian Lugnet groups, I had the
impression that there are a lot of AFOLs who are 40+ and certainly a lot
more women than the Australian roll call was showing (at that time).

Well, my message seemed to have flushed out a few more women (good) but
didn't seem to flush out many more in the 40+ stakes. I'm not sure I want to
have the honour of being "grandma" of the group :-)

Kerry

Dr Kerry Raymond, Distinguished Research Fellow           kerry@dstc.edu.au
CRC for Enterprise Distributed Systems Technology       Ph: +61 7 3365 4310
University of Queensland 4072 Australia                Fax: +61 7 3365 4311