 Local / Australia / 748
747  |  749
Subject:
Australian Standards for LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2000 09:05:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:

"Santosh" <santosh@student.unsw.edu.au> wrote in message
news:FuzvHu.B20@lugnet.com...
Right that does it, If LegOz ever writes a Guide book, We name it -"AS3600
Lego Structures" LEGO Bricks + Mega Bloks = Composite Structure?

Actually, technic would be more along the lines of AS1170 (minus the moving
parts of course) due to the beams and pin connectors. :)

Guys, guys. C'mon! Concrete? Loadings? I'd at least put it in as a suppliment
to AS4100, since perhaps Parts 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 are directly applicable.
Structural LEGO is more akin to steel than concrete, and the loading code is
only used to determine the forces on the LEGO. Even parts 10 and 11 can apply
if you really hammer it, but hopefully never Part 12. Perhaps we can write
Appendix L to AS 4100 - Elastic Behaviour of Plastic Members. ;-)

</engineering geek mode>

Pete Callaway