 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3150
Re: Junkbot not saving progress (was: New stuff on LEGO.com...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 04:12:27 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Matthew Gerber writes:

<release not saving>
They will be fixing it next week.]

Thanks for the word up on that.

I played the game straight through late last night-early this morning (about
4 hours for all 50 levels...went to bed at 5:30AM)...

That's bad! (well... good, I suppose) It means the game IS addictive. It
sort of reminds me of Lode Runner a bit for those of you that remember very
early early PC games.

imagine my shock when I
realized that the game wasn't saving my progress. Luckily, I saved a screen
shot of my final total, and I played it down even further after
finishing...I'm at 955 moves now (down from 1093). How did you guys do?

We didn't finish the whole thing. I sort of expected that I would be able to
pick up where I (we) left off (we were playing under my ID). There are a few
puzzles we haven't figured out yet, or can't complete due to coordination
problems...  A few of them require quick hand eye coordination rather than
just planning, and those I didn't like. The vast majority of them don't
require that you do things in any particular speed if you just plan your
work step by step. THOSE I like a lot better.

Based on where we are now, we probably would be turning in a score of around
1500 or so. I DID manage to get gold on every puzzle of the first building
and am close to knowing how to do so in the second. (the freezer one I
haven't grokked yet, I still am over 50 moves (and Nik is over 100 to solve
that one)...)