 General / 29702
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:27:18 GMT

Thanks, you feel my pain!, your right I forgot about those shrubbery packs,
yep there gone too. Yes I'll round up the posse too, we'll storm the gates,
and demand what's ours!, I can just see your 1200 strong Army right behind us!

Instead of chanting Kill - Kill, it'll be Bulk packs - Bulk packs!

READY THE SIEGE TOWER - were going in!!!

Ok I'll warm up the Mechs!!!

Eric

In lugnet.general, Richard Noeckel writes:
Eric,

I too am experiencing the same dilemma as you. I assure you that you are not
alone. Except, it's not the ‘Black Technic beams’ that I need it’s the
‘Horse & Saddles’ pack!  I have a standing army of well over 1200 troops,
and I require about another 150 horses and saddles!  The same dilemma
afflicts those that require the shrubbery packs that vanished a while back.

The ONLY logical explanation is that Lego Direct will launch its bulk buying
system with all the prior discontinued accessory packs reintroduced.

If this does not occur, I'll endeavor to organize some private investors and
venture capitalists and stage a hostile takeover of TLG and force the
production of these sought after expansion packs!!!

      Aggravatedly,
                          --==Richard==--

       You can reach me  @
Shroud_of_Kung_Fu@Hotmail.com

.                                                     -Lego good, Canada great-®

In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie writes:
My ultimate pet peeve is the discontinued Bulk packs of Technic Black Beams!
Ahhh! Why o Why????!!!???? This really upsets me! I worked for 8 months to
develop a rather great Mechanical Arm (Left Arm) It is comprised cheifly of
Black Beams. After working so long on perfecting the design. BOOM LEGO
DISCONTINUES BLACK BEAMS IN BULK!!! I would curse but this is a public
forum. Come on, 8 months worth of hard and tedious work and no forewarning!!
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR......This took considerable time and effort to create!!

So when it was time to begin the Right Arm I was dissed by TLC!!!! Infact I
called Shop at Home and they said only 9 service packs were availible in the
inventory! Yikes! I'll take 'em all! So when my order arrvied, I got
everything except the Black Beams with a Product not availible letter! UGH!!!

So I was hard pressed to find them on the Internet. I think TLC did me a
diservice by discontinuing these Black Beams by forcing me to find and pay a
relativly higher price from dozens of people I did'nt know than I would have
paid otherwise.

So I essentially bought and built the entire Right Arm thru the Internet!

What really erks me is that for 3 years while building the Praying Mantis
(which used a tremendous amount of Blue Beams) I stared at the Black Beam
Assortments and I could'nt justify buying them since I needed Blue at the
time. I had the chance back then, but they were'nt the color I needed! Agh!!!

PLUS...The Robot I am building now is so big that the Shoulders and Arms are
as big as mine. This is the ultimate constuction of all my experience
building Lego. (what else do you do after you've built a 6 foot Praying
Mantis)And for a time I was'nt sure if I would be able to complete this
piece. This is very important to me. Overcomming design limitations,
money,time,effort and logistics was my problem. This Robot could take Years
and Thousands of dollars to complete. But now with a scarcity of materials!
My Ultimate effort thus far is in jeopordy. RRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

That's not right. And I'm Peeved!

This what I have been building:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster