 General / 29685
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 05:30:19 GMT

Oh thank-you, the Red Robot is 3 feet tall, it took a year and a half to
build it. from 93' to 94', I belive it contains on the order of 10K+ pieces
based on other creations that I took apart and accually counted. The Robot
has no motors but all the joints are Mechanical and are based on worm gear
actuation. There are lights in the head, the legs raise and lower at the
heel, ankle,knee and hip, moving from a crouched postion to a standing tall
one. (about 2 inches) There are M-tron magnets all over to hold stuff. I
have shown this Robot at many Art exhibits for years.....I'm very happy with
it. I was thinking of building another one in a different color. As you can
see when I have worked so hard to create this Robot, it kinda bugs me when
people try to liken it to somthing they have seen before. But I don't show
my annoyance because I guess it's natural to compare what people see to
somthing they can relate to. BTW I designed this Robot to be a kind of
Insect Robot, no Lasers or Guns My Robots are never Violent, albeit Ominous.

Thanks again.....

Eric

In lugnet.general, David Arnon writes:
In lugnet.general, Eric Sophie writes:
hey, right on the Red Robot is a favorite.

Eric

That's an amazing piece of work!
How tall is it? What are it's functions? How many pieces do you estimate it
has?

Thanks, David