 General / 29830
Re: Stuck in a wheelchair (was Re: Lego pet peeve)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 02:20:56 GMT

In 1992 in my second year at MIT I fell 50 feet. breaking my pelvis in half
and in four other places. Both my femurs ball joints were broken off and the
rest of the bone was broken in at least 6 places. Both my knees were broke
as was my ankles and 4 vertebra in my back. So because of this and spinal
cord damage I wont ever walk again and can barely put my own shoes on.
I do live in a 10 bedroom home that has a basement and attic. All the stairs
in my home have wheelchair lifts and I have a 3/4 bathroom on the first
floor. I do have a 99 Jeep wrangler modified to use my hands for braking
and for gas. So all I have to say is being in a wheelchair isn't the end of
the
world, there's just annoying things about it you overcome or change
behavior.
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
Is your mobility status permanent or is there improvement in sight?

<snip>
Anyone got plans for a handicapped AFOL support group ?

__Kevin Salm__
...Lego enthusiast for over 20 years, disabled for 15 weeks...