 General / 29620
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 04:13:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
   I didn't mean this as a way to garner
sympathy for my condition.
   I just used it as an explanation to the
obvious "why is bending and picking it
up a peeve for you?" question.
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
<snip>
Mine is dropping elements too. But somehow my having to bend down to
scrabble around for an element when it skitters away... somehow it just
doesn't seem all that bad any more.

++Lar

As an aside, I did not assume anything except use of an example.  I also
doubt that Lar is expressing sympathy, but rather a deep seated fear that
some of us folk may harbor of the loss of an ability.  It is a personal fear
of mine that some freak accident will cause me to lose the use of one or
both hands, most everything I enjoy requires use of hands.  My mother was
severely injured in a head on car crash some time ago.  Her back was broken,
but if that seatbelt had not been there to restrain her she would not be
around.  The driver of the other car was not wearing his seatbelt, and he
did not survive impact.  This example is just to restate my earlier note,
"be thankful it was not worse".  When we grumble about things, we should
keep them in the proper perspective I think.  That is all I meant by my
note, not disrespect or sympathy.
You opened up some ground for me to voice my fear, and I hope that is not
offensive to you.
Best wishes,
Aaron