 General / 29636
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Sat, 14 Apr 2001 15:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
   What is your biggest Lego pet peeve?
   It can be anything. Examples include but are not limited to:
quality, Lego name misuse, stepping on bricks, cost,
availability, not introducing sets all over at the same time(Bionicle)
or whatever else you can think of.

   I'll start out with my Lego pet peeve: dropping an element:
I'm in a wheelchair, my legs don't work correctly and my back is
fused in three places so I can barely bend over to do my shoes
let alone pick up an element. I have to roll at least two feet away,
crawl over, pick it up, crawl back, haul myself back into the chair
and then roll back to where I was. Sure I have one of those
grabber things but it don't work well on plush carpeting when you
need to pick up a round 1x1 plate.
   So that's my pet peeve. What's yours?
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

Yikes... My peeve is the same, though for different reasons.

My LEGO area is in the unfinished portion of our basement - concrete floor,
etc. There are some tables I have set up for work and then all of the
storage shelves around that we keep everything on. I got a 6'x9' carpet at
Walmart to put under where I build because I live in fear of dropping a
brick and having it bounce its way off into oblivion on the concrete. It's
still possible and I have to crawl under the large desk that is my main
building surface now and again to get a stray 1x1 round plate or a tile that
decided the floor was a better location than the desktop. If there were
better access to some areas, I'd be less annoyed..  but I agree - dropping
pieces can be a big hassle.

Joel J