 General / 29687
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:04:59 GMT

James Simpson wrote:

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
   What is your biggest Lego pet peeve?
   It can be anything. Examples include but are not limited to:
quality, Lego name misuse, stepping on bricks, cost,
availability, not introducing sets all over at the same time(Bionicle)
or whatever else you can think of.

   I'll start out with my Lego pet peeve: dropping an element:
I'm in a wheelchair, my legs don't work correctly and my back is
fused in three places so I can barely bend over to do my shoes
let alone pick up an element. I have to roll at least two feet away,
crawl over, pick it up, crawl back, haul myself back into the chair
and then roll back to where I was. Sure I have one of those
grabber things but it don't work well on plush carpeting when you
need to pick up a round 1x1 plate.
   So that's my pet peeve. What's yours?
--
Kenneth A. Drumm Ph.D.

1) BURPs
2) POOPs
3) goofy minifig faces (and in particular most of the Alpha team ones)
4) Timmy
5) Finding a well-stocked clearance rack, but already owning all of the sets.
6) When my dog finds an element on the floor and proceeds to maul it.
7) No matter the project, I am almost invariably one important element shy of
what I need.
8) Bionicles
9) Throw-bots
10) a well-stocked clearance isle that is well-stocked with Insectoids.
11) all those pages in the Ultimate Lego book that are devoted to kid's clothes.
12) 1x2 plates that have become molecularly fused into a solid piece of dense
and unyielding matter.
13) just about everything non-SW since 1996
14) non-technic Technic
15) that K-mart store manager last night who would only offer me a 10% discount
on a King Leo's castle that had been ripped open, looted and crushed.  Says I:
"Can you give me a deal on this?"  Says he: "10%."  Says I: "10%?!  Who's gonna
buy this for 80 bucks?"  Says he: "It's just an open box."  Says I: "It's open
'cause somebody's been in there."  Says he: "10%."
16) Rock Raiders (not because the idea is cool, but because there are so many
POOPs)

Anyway, I'm with Larry.  I hereafter have absolutely no right to complain when a
drop pieces on the floor.

james

Including some of these, my biggest one is seeing the featured model is
not that good as in the picture, after building it, and looking at the
totally avoidable design errors on models either esthetically or
structural (wings of TIE fighter, B-Wing as a whole, engine placement of
Y-wing, etc., etc...)

Selçuk