 General / 29610
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 21:25:01 GMT

5) Dropping models in transit (Train show, storage area, etc.)

Scott,

You should have seen how mashed the stuff I took to Seattle got.  Imagine a kit
bag (green army duffle bag) full of lego bits.  That's about all that was left
after lugging it downtown, then onto Kenmore air (hey, there are advantages to
being the heaviest passenger sometimes :), and up to the Seattle Center.

It only took me ~3 hrs to rebuild the lot...it hadn't totally disintergrated.

Apparently a fair amount of my stuff sent to NALUG had the same fate...at least
I did learn from my past mistakes, and everything was separately bagged for
easier reconstruction.  Apparently the SNOT FP9 was unsalvageable though...not
to mention not at all being a intuative construction method used on it.

James