 General / 29600
Re: Lego pet peeve
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:34:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kenneth A. Drumm, Ph.D. writes:
   What is your biggest Lego pet peeve?
   It can be anything. Examples include but are not limited to:
quality, Lego name misuse, stepping on bricks, cost,
availability, not introducing sets all over at the same time(Bionicle)
or whatever else you can think of.

   I'll start out with my Lego pet peeve: dropping an element:
I'm in a wheelchair, my legs don't work correctly and my back is
fused in three places so I can barely bend over to do my shoes
let alone pick up an element. I have to roll at least two feet away,
crawl over, pick it up, crawl back, haul myself back into the chair
and then roll back to where I was. Sure I have one of those
grabber things but it don't work well on plush carpeting when you
need to pick up a round 1x1 plate.
   So that's my pet peeve. What's yours?

Mine is dropping elements too. But somehow my having to bend down to
scrabble around for an element when it skitters away... somehow it just
doesn't seem all that bad any more.

++Lar