 General / 28671
Re: What Kids really want. Not Juniorization.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 16:13:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli wrote:

Two Mega Blocks tubs with 1400pcs @ $20  vs. a
Lego tub with 1200pcs @ $20 is probably the best indicator of the material cost
difference.

Really?  I haven't looked at Mega-Bloks tubs, so I didn't realize the price
was that close.  Looking at the per-brick price, we get:

$0.0167 for LEGO
$0.0143 for Mega-Bloks

Or about a 14% markdown for MB (looking at it the other way, LEGO is marked
up about 17% from MB).

That sounds about right to me, based on the current differences in brick
quality.  I'd actually expect LEGO bricks to cost at least 25% more than
MB.

Steve