 General / 23452
Re: New sets for 2001... finally (Pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 21:32:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
Jet- mechanized Velociraptor
Jet- mechanized Brachiosaurus
Amazon- mechanized Ostrich
Amazon- mechanized Anaconda
Jet + Amazon- mechanized Pegasus

Hmm... I 'll see if I can manage some of those.  I once got sort of a "bird"
mode by slightly modifying Jet's carrying-case mode, and I've built Super
Jet by adding parts from Granite, but the helicopter's the only really
original thing I've been able to do so far.

I love Throwbots because the SPUD/PATUI elements inspire creativity to find
more uses, and they have gears and stuff. Plus, it says Ages 7-16 on the
box, and being 13 I have supposedly outgrown most of the other themes.  BTW,
are Flare and Spark good for parts?

I dunno.  I have the UltraRex team and that's all.  I don't drive yet, and
my parents won't take me places that sell Legos because I'm "too old" for
them (obviously they have never heard of LUGNET).

Judging from the images, though, Spark and Flare appear to have a lot in
common with Amazon.  Spark in particular looks like Amazon with a different
hand.  Flare is probably a bit different--I'm told he's not as humanoid as
the other humanoid Throwbots, possibly intended to resemble a bird.

PS. I'm the other guy with no scanner or digital camera.

Oh well.  [tries to bribe the Computer App teacher at school to let him use
the scanner]  [fails]