 General / 23365
Re: TIEs have always been dark blue in the films
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:54:46 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Simmons writes:
But the toy manufacturers never seem to get details like this right.  I
remember quite clearly that in addition to the TIE toy being the wrong
color, it also had only one laser light that was the wrong color (red) when
it should have been green!  They managed to at least make the TIE
Interceptor the right color, but the laser was still incorrect.  It makes me
wonder how anyone involded in the R&D stage of these toys could screw up
such simple things, even if you weren't a fan!

Dave

Look what they did with the AT-ST!  They don't even have the right figure with
it!

Seriously, I'm very dissapointed with the AT-ST.  It looks around $15, and I
was looking forward to buying about a trillion at that price, simply because
the'd be cheap, I love AT-STs, and I need some Imperials, already!  But
look...they did something so low and horrible, I could not have forseen even
TLC doing it.  Yep, the only figure included is CHEWBACCA!  Now, I know it's
possible theres an AT-ST driver inside, but they usually display all the figs
standing around, and I'd especially think they'd do that with a ground
walker.  The Imperial Shuttle has to have a pilot in there, but thats because
Palpatine and the two guards were enough to display; look at the TIE fighter,
both figs are displayed.  The best would have been a driver and 2
stormtroopers.  The most reasonable for them would have been Chewie, a driver,
and stormtrooper.  The least would have been one driver.  But it's got 1
Wookiee!  It may still have a driver, but I feel I'm just fooling myself
thinking that...

I also think I'd have preferred it in a Hoth enviornment, maybe with
Snowtroopers or a white speeder bike.  Oh, well...maybe they are saving that
for the AT-AT :)

--Josh