 General / 23268
Re: New sets for 2001... finally (Pictures)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 19:48:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.general, John Radtke writes:

Am I going crazy or do I remember seeing white TIE fighters for the last 23
years?  I know color accuracy is a big complaint in the Star Wars line, but
in
this case the difference is literally black and white!!

You're crazy.  ;) The TIEs have always been black/grey.  The rebels, IMO, are
more white than LEGO has tended to depict them.

Slow down there!

The Kenner TIE fighter toy was very, very white.  Because of this, a lot of
people remember the TIE fighter as being white in the movie (kids like me had a
lot more exposure to the toys than the movies for years, after all).  Worse, a
lot of artists for books, etc used the toys as models for their drawings, so
innacuracies in the toys (scale, certain features, etc) got carried over into
comics and comic strips (one of the joys in reading the Marvel Star Wars run
was figuring out which thing they used as a model for the Millenium Falcon in a
given panel, because it was often obviously drawn from a particular toy
version).

So he's not all *that* crazy.

eric