 General / 1904
Re: Lego Creator Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 00:32:47 GMT

Beaker wrote:

I just wanted to report that I have experienced a flawless install of
Lego Creator.  I was really worried with all of the problems others had
reported.

I thought I'd let you all know the environment:

I just built an ATX Celeron 300A, with a Matrox G200 and SB PCI128.  The
SB CDROM is 32x, and I got absolutely no complaints from any of it.  I
did the 'Typical' install rather than the 'Full' install, which if I
understand it leaves the tutorial files on the CD.

I don't know if this helps, but I wanted to let people know that I was
having no problems with a brand new, fast CDROM ...

Runs too?  :-)

The problem wasn't with install, it was with launching the program.
(Well, OK, some had problems with install, but most problems show up
when running the program, as it reads the copy protection scheme on
startup).

BTW, the docs insinuate (to me, anyway), that a "full" install will
not require use of the CD, but that isn't true.  It's ALWAYS needed.
...and
a typical install doesn't really save THAT much disk space.  <sigh>

-- joshua