 General / 1914
Re: Lego Creator Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 16:42:42 GMT

Odd ... Lego Loco allows you to install everything, and not need a
CD anymore, and that is a recent title from Lego.

Mike Stanley wrote:

Joshua Delahunty <dulcaoin@alumni.cse.ucsc.edu> wrote:
BTW, the docs insinuate (to me, anyway), that a "full" install will
not require use of the CD, but that isn't true.  It's ALWAYS needed.
...and
a typical install doesn't really save THAT much disk space.  <sigh>

Requiring the CD in something that amounts to a game or home fun
program is the norm, no matter how much you install.  Allowing someone
to install the full install and then never use the cd would certainly
be convenient, but it would also make it incredibly easy to pirate
this software, something TLG obviously is trying to prevent - else you
(and I) could make backup copies of the CDROM.  I know you can't, I've
used every bit of cd copying software known to man on it and can't
make it work.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide