 Off-Topic / Fun / 624
Re: Lego Creator Success
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 20:40:21 GMT

Also sprach Mike Stanley:
: Congrats on the install of Creator.  Have you tried to overclock the
: 300A to 450 yet?

Not this one, because I am still waiting on a case fan.  But I've
already overclocked one 300a with no problems, and I have the jumper
settings memorized, just waiting on that damned case fan.  Do you have
any idea how difficult it is to find a 3-inch case fan with the ATX
three-pin connector?  I had to order it, no local stores had anything
but power-supply fans ... sheesh.

: Oh, and sorry about the G200.  I'm a longtime Matrox
: fan, but the only reason I'm keeping the Marvel G200-TV I put in the
: 300a-450 system I put together a few months ago is I must have TV and
: video input on my PC.  When ATI comes out with an all-in-wonder

I'm using the G200 because I got it for free from a friend who had
upgraded.  I really do not know terribly much about video cards.  I'm
pleased with the performance, though.  My real bottleneck is my 1024x768
17-inch monitor.  Once I replace that with a 1600x1200-19" maybe I will
ditch the video card as well.  What would you suggest for a not-too-
serious gamer who needs good color and resolution more than top-of-the-
line 3d acceleration?

/ _ _ / _ _                       Don't like it?  Direct all flames to
()(-(//((-/                                 miotch@havoc.gtf.gatech.edu
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============