 General / 17817
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 02:54:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jeff Stembel writes:
The minifigs *are* accurate.  The Han Solo minifig is a minifig depiction of
Han Solo, just as Harrison Ford was a human depiction of Han Solo.  The minifg
is not a depiction of Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

  One might argue that action figures or minifigs represent the actors who in
turn represent the characters...

I try to be pollitically correct because I see it as being polite.  Also,
sometimes politically correct is just that: Correct.  For Example, I try not
to call Native Americans "Indians" because they are not from India.  :)

  Hmm.  I'm a native American, since I was born in Pennsylvania, even though my
heritage is entirely European.

   Dave!