 Star Wars / 7048
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 21:52:58 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Maddison writes:
Humans are ignorant.  That is why this discussion is occuring.  To restate
myself: no one cared that Han and Luke are yellow, why would they care if • Lando
is yellow?  All three are human.  All healthy human mini-figs are yellow. • Why
is this so difficult to grasp?

-Lord Insanity

I couldn't agree more that humans are ignorant.  So, no one cared that Han and
Luke were yellow.  And, IF they release a Lando, and he's yellow, I'll buy
him.  I would want brown, but I'd buy yellow.  But are you telling me that you
would rather have a yellow Lando than one with a brown head?  That makes no
sense to me.

As far as that whole "healthy" thing, I highly doubt that is TLC's reason.
Sounds more like your opinion, and now that it's being challenged you're
finding it hard to defend.  Not that it's wrong.  That's not what I'm saying.
But, I'd like you to see my side of the issue.  It makes more sense to release
a brown head for a black man.  It makes sense to release a red head for an
Indian (done in 1977?) and it makes sense to have a yellow head for a
caucausian minifig (Luke, Han, etc.)  Now, *why* is THIS so hard to grasp?
-Chris

Yes I would rather Lando was yellow because that is the precedence set by TLC.
As for the "healthy" thing, yes that is my opinion based on TLC precedence of
mini-fig already created.  I would not be at all surprised if that was
the real reasoning behind it. Yellow is the color TLC assigned to human skin.
Just because The Simpsons uses yellow to represent Caucausians doesn't mean it
make sense for Lego to change their established precedence.  If TLC were to
start making brown, red, and tan heads then I belive they should stop making
yellow heads.

-Lord Insanity