 Star Wars / 6974
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 06:45:16 GMT

Can anyone say if lego has ever made a non-yellow minifig head?

Chris

From: "Scott-A" <scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 06:40:10 GMT
To: lugnet.starwars@lugnet.com, lugnet.general@lugnet.com,
lugnet.off-topic.debate@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Why can't we have a Lando:  Lego's Race policy

Xcalabur <Xcalabur@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
news:FtsLzv.Eru@lugnet.com...
At Lego's Imagination Center at the Mall of America in Twin Cities MN, • there
are many large "minifigs" made out of regular lego bricks.  Several of • them
are
African American.  I have pictures, I just need to scan them.  I find it
interesting that TLG won't make brown colored heads, but they will • construct
giant "minifigs" with brown colored heads.  (all they gotta do is pour • some
brown plastic into one of the minifig head molds!  It's not that • difficult!)

-Bryan

EXACTLY my point!  It's almost like they're trying to play both sides of • the
fence.  Oh heavens, we need to be politically correct, but we don't want • to
get into it.  I say that's bantha fodder.  Give consumers what they want.
-Chris

I do not view it as a matter of being "politically correct", but just making
sure that they represent the people they are selling to.

I suppose, ideally, they could make the colour of the mini-fig almost
random,  just like in life :-)

Scott A