 Star Wars / 6991
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 17:58:17 GMT

Who is doing the design for the LEGO STAR WARS LINE?  Is that being done by
LEGO US or is it being done by LEGO (is it holland where there main headquaters
is at).

I ask this becuase I remeber reading when i was younger that LEGO US only
manufactured legos but that all designs came from the main headquesters.  The
reason I bring this up is that if the design in coming from outside the US,
LEGO would never have though about this "problem with head colors" that you are
all fighting about.  Its my observation that only in AMERICA do "stupid" issues
like these aries.  ONLY IN AMERICA can you sue someone for your coffee being
too hot, or a twinke cream filling cause you to be mentalal insane for a few
minutes in order for you to kill someone.  LEGO created lego people to interact
in LEGOWORLD.  LEGOWORLD exsist in every little boy and girls mind.  Its a
place where they control everything.  They can be a king or queen, a knight in
shinning armor, the badest of robbers, a space exploder or anything else they
want.  It's their world and the only time that world becomes accountable for
anything is when MOM or DAD step on the LEGO's in the living room and the kid
gets punished for it.  LEGO assined yellow heads becuase to kids it dosen't
matter what color the heads are.  What matters most is what cool things can
they build for their little people.  Its US (the adults) that are cause the
problems!  We WANT THIS AND THAT, WE WANT!!!  WE WANT!  LEGO is for kids
people!  Remeber that.  Lego is for kids, its the foundatin of imagination.
Sure we (adults) make up a portion of the lego customer base, but LEGOS are for
kids.  We (adults) buy legos to be a kid again, to remember out childhood.  Why
else do all of us continue to watch star wars?  To recapture a little bit of
our childhood.  So when you were a child, yello was fine becuase it was your
imagination that dictated how you played.  Well now we are adults and if you
want legos that be happy that you get a YELLOW LANDO.  Remember you buy legos
to be a child and a NON-YELLOW LANDO won't bring back childhood memories!

So teh next time you pick up your legos stop for a moment and think.  "I'm
picking up this lego not becuase I collect it, I bought it, it's my pride and
joy, but because for the next few moments in my passing life I want to forget
about the headaches, stress, and responsiblity called life.  I want to lay on
the floor and just play or remember the good old days when all I had to worry
about was when Mom said it's time for bed!"

Ahui Herrera