 General / 17791
17790  |  17792
Subject:
A simple answer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:58:13 GMT

Hey all,

I think that TLG will avoid dealing with this touchy issue (as perfectly
demonstrated by the huge threads this topic always generates) by simply not
making the minifigs for these characters.  Whether they made a Lando 'fig
with a yellow or brown head, I'm sure TLG would be deluged with questions
(and possibly lawsuits from special interest groups) about the
representation of other ethnicities in their product.  Mace Windu's presence
in Episode 1 is very minimal.  I'm sure TLG won't make a Jedi Council
Chamber set (even though that would be really cool) so they have no reason
to make a minifig for this character.  As for Lando, I think he'll just be
absent (he'll probably be hosting another marathon of the original SW
Trilogy on the Sci-Fi channel!).  :-)

There's a very simple solution to all of this; take one of those plain black
heads from the Sith Infiltrator, paint it brown, and then scrape off the
paint to reveal eyes, mouth and moustache.  If Craig can make awesome custom
minifigs, why shouldn't we all?   Also, that would make the Lando minifig
even more interesting, because everybody's would be unique!

Dave