 General / 17789
Re: Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2000 16:18:12 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Chris Maddison writes:
I want a Lando fig, and Billy Dee Williams ain't yellow!
-Chris

True, but neither are American Indians or Pacific Islanders, yet those two
groups were both depicted as yellow. I don't really pay much attention to the
color of the minifig, I look more at how the race is represented. Even though
they were yellow, I clearly did not see the Native American minifigs as the
same race as the generic smiley. If they do make a Lando or Mace Windu, I
believe they should be yellow. People will know what they are looking at and
simply see past the color and directly look toward the race, or at least
that's how I view it.
Greg Majewski
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dome/1888/abs.html