 General / 17759
17758  |  17760
Subject:
Why can't we have a Lando: Lego's Race policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 18:14:20 GMT

I was snooping through Brickset today, and came upon something.  TLC has
firmly taken a stand on the race issue, saying that they give children yellow
heads and let them play with them however they want to.  They say they don't
take sides when it comes to race and ethnic background.  But, I found these
Duplo sets (5089, 5090, 5091) that are families from 1996.  African-American,
Asian, and Hispanic, respectively.  So, if TLC has taken such a firm position
on not making alternate colored heads for Lego Systems, why can Duplo slide
by?  I want a Lando fig, and Billy Dee Williams ain't yellow!
-Chris