 General / 17758
Re: Post from email?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2000 17:40:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Donald Alcorn writes:
Thank you Todd!
For example, I can email a new post (such as a WTB...) directly to
(lugnet.market@lugnet.com) MOST excellent!

Almost -- the format of the email addresses is:

   <newsgroupname>@lugnet.com

(you've got lugnet.market there for the newsgroup name, and lugnet.market
isn't a newsgroup -- it's an empty placeholder in the ng hierarchy).

Should the appropriate sub-group be included in the address?

Yup!  For example, if you wanted to post to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, you
would address your message to:

   lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade@lugnet.com

--Todd