 General / 15004
  Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Hey all, I've just been spammed by one Paul Koelewijn, concerning his Lego auctions. Although he claims that it isn't a spam message, it is an unsolicited commercial e-mail. Ergo, spam. Has anyone else received this as well? Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Yup, Got it and ignored it although I have not deleted it yet. Eric, The New England LEGO Users Group (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Not him, but I always get spammed by Ets Dya Shopping, who seem to mine these groups for addresses. -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News Sproaticus (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Yup. I'd say he's just ensured his website will be a lonely, desolate place. James (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) .. what's ETA ... ? -- pn (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Man, based upon the complaints I've seen about ETA's aggressive advertising, I'm surprised people do business with him. Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Well, he gets great older sets at really good prices, and is a very pleasant person besides. Personally, I'd be happy with ETS-DYA spam--I *know* that I'd find interest in it. My only complaint is that it's so widespread that I can't ever get (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Yep, me too. I'm getting seriously annoyed at this guy. Fredrik (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  DYA (was Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn)

Yes, they are aggressive, but I'll "suffer" through that aggressiveness if Emmanuel keeps finding some of the sets he has! He's on vacation, and scouting for Lego as he goes, so I kinda hope that he rolls through Italy on that vacation - it seems (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Oh, come on - at least he doesn't post the new sets at 5am your local time ;-) Every time he announces a set I want, and a day they go on sale, I have to basically not sleep the night before to make sure to get any. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

Sproaticus skrev i meddelandet <38AB429F.9B9B5E2B@io.com>... (...) Well, looking at all the e-mail addresses he supplied so unprofessionally, I would say most of the lugnet users have received it (OK, not *most*, but at least 300). Perhaps he *is* (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) It always makes me shake my head at how uptight some internet users are. What's the big deal - I mean, how hard is it to press the delete button. Some people are dying of cancer and don't complain as much. If the guy sent you a notice of a (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

G'Day If I am going to get 'spammed' by anybody for anything, I would rather it be Emmanuel and DYA!! It's not spam it is pure gold. Sure beats emails from pay for porn sites and get somebody else rich quick schemes. just 2.94 CDN cents. Cheers (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) I have received the same message, but in my case I wouldn't call it spam. I have mentioned in general that I'm interested in Fabuland sets and he offers some Fabuland sets, so sending the information to me is not what I would call unsolicited. (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) I get literally hundreds of e-mail messages a day at home, and scores at work. I use the delete key a lot and sometimes I've 'missed' something and deleted an item I shouldn't have. So I should take more time and care? Fine, but that makes (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) If you've gotten any of the stuff that's been gone in like no time, you have no sympathy from me. Go back to sleep... (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Has the Fabuland ever gone up on the web site, or has he just found onesy-twosies and e-mailed interested people directly? I'd be interested in some Fabuland stuff, but I'm not interested in paying going auction rates for it. (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) I think it was general, at least the e-mail I got was also send to many, many other people. There are two Fabuland sets on the website (of which one is a 'might be up'), but prices are very high IMO. Sybrand Bonsma (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Huh? I've *never* been spammed by Emmanuel (or anyone at Ets DYa Shopping) and I've bought from them, umm, three times now. eric (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) (3 URLs) before you leap, please. While I will conceed that it isn't much of a pain for me to hit the delete key, it is a pain for me to hit the delete key several times a day. It is a pain to have to set up filters, and potentially miss mail (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Are we looking at the same website, or have these gone already? I'm looking at: (URL) to lugnet.market.shopping (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Agreed 100%. The biggest thing about spam that just steams me is the cost-shifting of advertising. In a traditional marketing situation, the advertiser pays the expense of hawking his product. With spam, the advertiser spends *nothing* -- all (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) many (...) Oops, I mentioned the page of Paul Koelewijn, whose message I was referring to. I only received a message from him not from DYA. It would be great if they also had some Fabuland sets at DYA Sybrand (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Seriously? I would like to learn more about this. --Todd (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) notice of a great deal on a set that you want you'd be posting a FOTW instead. (...) No, it's not that much of a pain to hit the delete key for one message, but when you get dozens every day, it's another story. Not to mention the fact that (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  the difference between the services

(...) [*WARNING*!!! This post is *TOTALLY* off topic, so if such messages offend you, *PLEASE* delete/skip this message *NOW*] This exchange just reminded me of something that a wise old Master Sergeant once told me, a way a remembering the (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Hello Jeremy, First let me apologize, I agree with many of the replies that it was not a gentlemanly thing for me to have publicly criticized you in such a fashion. I meant you no disrespect personally, it's very easy to become dettached when you're (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: the difference between the services

(...) Hmmm. Seemed right *on-topic* in "off-topic" to me. Now if you had mentioned LEGO, I would have lit you up like a Christmas tree;-) -John (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Having also been "in an armed conflict on foreign soil" (in fact, I was in the middle of Iraq with the 1st Cav while the Marines were still sailing back and forth in the Arabian Gulf playing decoy, but I digress), I can say that the Gulf War and (...) (24 years ago, 17-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) No offense taken. (...) But it is relevant to those of us who are employed in the computer networking industry. I, as a developer / administrator of networking technology, have a responsibility to myself and my career to ensure that wanton and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) This is an incredibly ridiculous statement. While the Army Airborne were the first troops on the ground (with M16's only), everyone knows that the Marines, thanks to the maritime prepositioning system, were the first fully equipped armed (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) <snip> (...) lugnet.off-topic.mil...y-bluster? (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) I may have news for you--that "who" wasn't anyone actually doing the fighting. One of the benefits of being at the "top of the food chain", as it were, in an corporatist imperial state means being able to sit in your boardroom sipping (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

I, too, appreciate your pride in your service. But as to "top of the food chain," I have to disagree. I will admit that, to a certain extent, the Marines are an "elite" force, and this is precisely why they are not "at the top of the food chain." No (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Misconception. The Marines do far more than secure beaches. Why else were we in the forward areas of the desert and Viet Nam (and most conflicts for that matter)? The Marines, pound for pound, pack far more punch. We have staying power and (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: the difference between the services

  Re: the difference between the services

(...) <bearing torch> Anyone see which way Bliss went? ;-)John (24 years ago, 18-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

"Bill Farkas" <kfar@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Fq5B2D.I06@lugnet.com... (...) we in (...) staying (...) with the (...) Marines (...) Well, I wasn't going to mention the debacle that was Viet Nam, but since you brought it up... First, I (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  (canceled)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

"James Powell" <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:Fq6DA5.5Gu@lugnet.com... (...) planet (...) be (...) Forces (...) Let's take these one at a time. 1) This *is* a family forum, so please use appropriate language. 2) Don't confuse (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  My [blank] is bigger than your [blank] (was Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) While this is an interesting debate, may I remind you that this is a family forum? I'd rather you used more powerful rhetoric and less pungent words to get your point across... thanks. (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Watch your mouth soldier boy. =) Regards, Kurt (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) My reference to Viet Nam was soley to point out the non-beach landing aspect, not that they were a main force. I agree with your assessment of the debacle over there, but that was due to politicians and not tacticians. Viet Nam had far more to (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) I also got this mail. In my opinion this is spam, though I don't really have a problem with lego-spam... (btw, I am since 2 1/2 year virtually spam-free, that means no get-money-quick or looking-for-girls spams!!!) What I don't like, is that (...) (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) What I don't like is the folks who have decided to voice their thoughts by responding to all. There's three more people who are now seeing the inside of my bit-bucket... Cheers, - jsproat (24 years ago, 19-Feb-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Bill Farkas <kfar@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Fq3pFs.Cqn@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) the (...) Marines, (...) equipped (...) knows (...) force, (...) units and (...) unit (...) top of (...) I must point out that your statement, especially (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Please remember to post on-topic

(...) OK, I think it's definitely time to get this thread _away_ from .general (it's gotten waaaay off-topic, and the original post wasn't really on-topic for .general in the first place). The best place to continue this current branch of argument (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Nitpick Time! There are actually six banches of the military. Army, Navy, Marine Corp, Airforce, NOAA Corp, and the Public Health Service. And no, I am not kidding about the last one. :) Jeff "Broken sword and shield and tears that never fall" (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) list? (*Ducking*) Rich Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want to...) Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70 Visit (URL) & (URL) wait is over...) ..."The only thing we have to fear, is (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Leaving out the quasi-military Coast Guard and Merchant Marine? For shame! -- William A. Swanberg CPT, SC Commander, 229th Signal Company (TACSAT) swanberg@msn.com "Jeff Stembel" <aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

Actually, had you read the previous replies to the message you just replied to, you would see that most of this has already been covered. BTW, the 82nd had considerably more than just "their M16s" when they landed, as anyone who has had to hump a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Alright, now I'm worried. Public Health Service is part of the Defense Department? What's next, the interstate system? Steve (24 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn

(...) Hey now, try to stay on-topic in off-topic, soldier;-) -John (24 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)