 General / 15032
Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:50:26 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:
It always makes me shake my head at how uptight some internet users are. What's
the big deal - I mean, how hard is it to press the delete button.

I get literally hundreds of e-mail messages a day at home, and scores at work.
I use the delete key a lot and sometimes I've 'missed' something and deleted
an item I shouldn't have.  So I should take more time and care?  Fine, but that
makes spam more of a nuisance, too.

Personally, I have a set of filters that gets rid of about 75% of the spam I
get at home before I ever see it (and sorts my mailing lists out too.  Hurray
for procmail.)

People
need to lighten up, spam is not so incredibly unbearable - sometimes it's great
info.

Personally, I don't mind *solicited* advertising information.  I've asked for
it, I'm interested in it, send away.  If DYA sent me email (oddly enough they
don't) I'd think that I had basically requested it by ordering from them.  But
I'd expect them to take me off of their list if I asked.

The ones that get up my nose are the ones who are completely unwanted,
especially the ones that fake like you asked for the info. "You or somebody
you know sent your name in to us..." Yeah, right.  Bull.  I don't need another
MLM or credit card scam.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m