 General / 15089
Re: Just been spammed by Paul Koelewijn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:09:42 GMT

Bill Farkas wrote:

In lugnet.general, William A. Swanberg writes:
Having also been "in an armed conflict on foreign soil" (in fact, I was in
the middle of Iraq with the 1st Cav while the Marines were still sailing
back and forth in the Arabian Gulf playing decoy, but I digress),

This is an incredibly ridiculous statement. While the Army Airborne were the
first troops on the ground (with M16's only), everyone knows that the Marines,
thanks to the maritime prepositioning system, were the first fully equipped
armed contingent prepared to do precise and extensive harm. • <snip>
I appreciate your pride in your unit
and branch of service but, again, everyone knows the truth about who the top of
the food chain is.

lugnet.off-topic.military-bluster?

--
sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj