 Events / 2020
Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 00:17:25 GMT

In lugnet.events, Brian Davis wrote:
   .. I’m confused. Better prices on what? LEGO (doubtful, as those prices are not driven by competition generated by fests) or things like registration fees (again, really doubtful; I’ve seen no evidence that those fees are driven by a profit margin, or a supply/demand situation).

Brian-

I agree that fest prices cannot be much of issue affecting national, if not regional, attendance. If you spend $1.5K+ for your family to fly, stay, drive, and eat, you really aren’t motivated by a better deal on the $60 per person admission. Arguably, higher admission to cover more stuff (prizes, meals, give-aways, events) might be more attractive. (I talk to a lot of would-be SCLTC members, who never cease to amaze me with their accounts of owning millions of bricks and 1000s of sets but who balk at getting an Internet connection.)

-Ted