 Events / 2018
Re: The proliferation of fests: Good or bad?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 21:08:54 GMT

In lugnet.events, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:
   .. Having lived in SoCal, and asked the same question many times of many people, I think a lot of it is that there are still some hard feelings after the BricksWest incident.

Also, many people have expressed the hard question of whether or not to involved LEGOLAND. Once you are that close, shouldn’t you go see it? Should the convention be there, or take a trip there? Which opens a whole new shipment of worms. And the administration of LEGOLAND is torn on the question as well, making collaboration hard. .. Aaron Sneary

Aaron-

I think BW is far enough in the past not affect most thinking except, perhaps, to question the viability of Southern CA to attract enough LEGO oriented people. Most of the content at BFs is brought by people in their vehicles and we just are not in driving range of enough LUGs, LTCs, and individuals to assure a great nucleus of MOCs and layouts. And for those who haven’t found a way to LLCA after 7 years of operation, how strong can that attraction be?. There remains the general lure of Southern CA, which ironically is strongest for those who live farthest away, but most especially for those out of the country, east of the Mississipi, and north of Tennessee and especially during winter. Unfortunately, NMRA is dead in the middle of summer. I have talked with the president of LLCA and he has told me to bring whatever ideas we have to him directly and “we will make them happen”, but still...

-Ted