 Dear LEGO / 2581
Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 23:15:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom Stangl writes:
AND for those without Web access, they need to bring back buckets/tubs with
a vengeance, and market them as Bulk Packs, with a good variation - Drab
Bulk Bricks, Exotic Bulk Bricks (pastels, purple, orange, etc), Windows/
doors (with MAYBE 10% doors, if that).

Whoa, yah!  You said it!!!!

400-pc. Classic Colors Builders Pack:
   Red, Blue, Yellow, White, Black  (been there, done that, but still cool)

400-pc. Drab Colors Builders Pack:
   Dark Green, Dark Brown, Dark Gray, Light Gray, Tan

400-pc. Exotic Colors Builders Pack:
   Orange, Violet, Purple, Aqua, Medium Green

400-pc. Pastel Colors Builders Pack:
   Light Blue, Light Green, Light Yellow, Pink, Light Purple

400-pc. Transparent Colors Builders Pack:
   Trans-Red, Trans-Dark-Blue, Trans-Green, Trans-Chartreuse, Trans-Yellow,
   Crystal Clear

Even if they were just 1x and 2x bricks like what they did with 639 and 1867
a few years ago:

   http://guide.lugnet.com/set/639
   http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1867

I think LEGO could learn a thing or two studying candy product marketing.
IIRC, Life Savers candies and Starburst fruit chews both have variety packs --
traditional flavors (cherry, lemon, lime, orange, etc.), exotic fruit flavors
(pineapple, coconut, tangerine, etc.) and more.  But I also find it hard to
believe that they haven't already thought of this...because Mega Bloks already
produced a drab bricks bulk pack back in the mid- to late 90's and I think
they even had a box or bucket of fluorescent bricks, didn't they?

--Todd