 Dear LEGO / 1195
Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2000 17:36:18 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tim Courtney writes:
On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:45:23 GMT, "Doyle" <doylenelson@home.com> wrote:

[snipped a very witty reply by David Kadansky]

I suspected that someone would comment like this. I meant no offence when I
posted, and auctually I find your comments childish.

And your skepticism was not?

I think neither one was childish - Doyle was just checking, while David (I
think) was trying to make a point, mainly that you never know anything in this
uncertain world, sometimes you just have to believe...

At least my questions
were sincere and not sarcastic. I dont know how long you have been with the
group, you may have been with them a long time. Since I mainly saty in the
castle area and posts our paths might have never met. Just that I dont
remember you from the RTL years ago, so I am assuming you are new?

I've never encountered David either, on RTL in years past or here on
Lugnet.  It doesn't necessarily mean he is new, its just that we
haven't crossed paths before.

And if he is new, so what? Does that make him less qualified for an opinion?

Who knows
or cares. I just find that this group has always been friendly and polite
and
that lately things are starting to change here, especially since most of us
left rtl due to the wise and sarcastic rude people that kept posting
garbage.

For the most part it is, and hopefully it will stay this way.

Yep. I don't think David was rude or sarcastic, just making a point by showing
the extremety of the other point of view. (you can't really say he's
sarcastic - he might have been joking.)

I'm sure you meant no offence, and I know my previous post couldn't have
caused any offence,

You do not know that for a fact.  From Brad's history of posting here,
and the fact that this question has come up before, and from his own
statements saying that he cannot reply to every single message and
would like to read them all, it could have caused him offence.
Contrary to popular belief, TLC employees are people too.

Really? I wasn't sure ;-) (1)

[snipped]

Doyle, I don't think David meant to be rude (maybe he did, but I don't see it
that way). Hope that makes things clearer,

-Shiri

(1) Was that rude? Sarcastic? I'm sorry, it was meant to be a *joke*.