 Dear LEGO / 1209
Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 01:07:00 GMT

Doyle wrote:

Thanks Lar,

I didn't know todd said he was A ok. Thats fine with me if Todd checked it out
and found him to be true.

Todd didn't come out and say so in so many words in a post here, but if
Todd had doubts about his bonafides Todd would never have approved his
posting privileges. Those are the dots I connected, and those dots were
there for you or anyone else to connect as well.

Thanks agian, But Lar, do you think he was being sarcastic? Because I do.

I don't want to go there. Maybe he was. Maybe he wasn't. Maybe you just
read something into it that wasn't there. It's too easy to go off
quickly on one or two posts if you don't have the background. For
instance, someone who had never met you, after reading a post or two,
might dismiss you out of hand as illiterate and ungrammatical, because
you tend to write hurridly, you miscapitalize stuff, you spell things
incorrectly, you leave out punctuation, etc. etc. etc... But that would
be incorrect. I know you have reasons for what you do and I'm not going
to make snap judgements.

It is better to assume no offense was intended, when reading the works
of others, and it is better to write one's own words to be certain that
only deliberate offense was given. (note the distinction... if I
intended to give offense, I'd believe you'd know)

Doyle, I'd suggest letting this whole thing go. And if we need to
continue it, let's do it somewhere else, like off-topic.debate...