 Dear LEGO / 1224
Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 07:23:27 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Jasper Janssen wrote:

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000 01:10:12 GMT, Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net>
wrote:

Good post, mostly. Right, mostly... Bask away, Jasper...

<gloat mode=subdued_but_obvious></gloat>

My take on that is that Brad himself has imposed a deadline of "summer"
for things to start happening. A lot must be done between now and then
for this thing not to be stillborn.

I would hope that Brad would not feel that getting the project done on
time is more important than doing it right. I, and I'm fairly sure you
agree, feel that it's much better to wait a bit longer (and excercise
our Zen-Buddhist patience) than to have it be the most spectacular dud
ever on Lugnet.

Well, ya. Except that there appears to be a very real possibility that
there are to be no more service packs, given the statements in the Jan
S@H catalog about limited availability on all service packs.

It would be nice if someone who was in the know what that meant were
able to post a definitive statement.

I think the fact that they are gone from the US Catalog on the Lego site is a
definitive enough statement :-/

THAT BEING SAID, I bought a bunch of the black slope packs a few months back,
and still have many of the pieces to trade for 2x2 med black slopes.  So if
they run out of them, I can supply people for many of the pieces in that
pack.  I'll probably set up a separate Trade page for the black slopes, like
the Rolling Garage Door Trade page.  I don't have TONS of the packs, though,
so they won't last long.