 Dear LEGO / 1226
Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 08:38:34 GMT

Larry has all the points on target as always.

However, what I would like to see us all do to help LegoDirect is to remember
what this specific forum LUGNET.DEAR-LEGO was designed for.  It was always
intended for us to leave our comments, {real} questions, concerns, ideas, likes
and dislikes for the folks at TLC to read someday.  This is and will happen now
and we can all be happy for this.

But since the announcement of LegoDirect, this forum has been flooded with
repetitive, off-topic, devoid of content, and even nonsense posts.  This post
notwithstanding.

I would like to recommend that in order to help LegoDirect to help us, we need
to stay focused on answering Larry's questions and providing a map that we want
TLC to follow.  They cannot follow us if we go in too many directions that lead
to nowhere.  I would like to see fewer posts here that do not contribute to the
cause of LegoDirect and its associated consequenses, results, etc.

Please read some of the older posts to find answers to your own questions and
to find out what topics have been covered.  If you have more to contribute to a
discussion then go ahead and post.  If not, then leave things the way you found
them.  If you would like to discuss something here and then it wanders off
topic, please direct your posts to the appropriate diversionary locations.

These are all suggestions and personal opinion.  To flame me or beat me with a
spamcake, please do it in lugnet.off-topic.debate or email me.

Kevin Salm
Building Tip for the new year--try building something you havn't tried before.

--edited for brevity--

In lugnet.dear-lego, Larry Pieniazek writes:

Further, I believe Brad Justus exists, because Todd does. Todd has
satisfied himself of Brad's bonafides. When the fake Brad turned up on
RTL he was pretty quickly put to light as a poseur. Without going into
too much detail I have reason to believe that Todd is pretty certain
that Brad is an actual person and that Brad works for Lego.

So for me, it comes down to, do I believe Todd? I do.  I have more
history with him than most of us, I actually have met in the flesh a
person who claims to be Todd (and who gave me parts I paid for in an
auction that Todd supposedly ran, so the corroboration is extremely
solid). Further, everything that Todd has ever said to me of substance
that I could verify has turned out to be true, so when Todd says
something I tend to believe it. But... you need to decide for yourself,
I can't do that for you.

But this whole question of whether Brad exists misses the point.