 Dear LEGO / 1184
  Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Hello, I was just wondering how we know Brad is realy a rep for lego? And what Lego direct really is for if it exist? I mean Has he given any conclusive proof he is a rep besides the signature? I'm not being a jerk just curious about if this is true (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Well, I can't vouch for Mr. Justus but I can say that the small S@H catalog included in my new A-Wing Fighter has the LEGO logo in one corner and a "Direct" logo in another. Will (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) If you hunt around in .dear-lego you will find that this has been asked before. The long and short: Yes, he's real. He posts from an IP address that LEGO owns, and he has responded to e-mail sent to a @lego.com address. (...) Well, he's a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) before. (...) to think so, but for his letters and concern about communication there hasn't been much lately. Also how do we know that this is a direct department of Lego or just an American company linking with Lego to buy bulk by conviencing (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Not to put too fine a point on this, but how do we know that it's really about to be 2000 AD? How do I know that I'm in California? How do I know that Brad's not taking some vacation time for the holidays? How do I know that my name is what it is? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I suspected that someone would comment like this. I meant no offence when I posted, and auctually I find your comments childish. At least my questions were sincere and not sarcastic. I dont know how long you have been with the group, you may (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Dan Parker of PNLTC has talked to one of his underlings at LEGO. He is for real, and is a real person. The person Dan talked to knew what was going on with regard to L@D So, if he is a fraud then he is a fraud from the inside of Lego, and is (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Likewise, how do we know this is really Doyle ? Remember, on the internet no one tell if you are a dog or what. Ray (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

On Sat, 1 Jan 2000 09:45:23 GMT, "Doyle" <doylenelson@home.com> wrote: [snipped a very witty reply by David Kadansky] (...) And your skepticism was not? (...) I've never encountered David either, on RTL in years past or here on Lugnet. It doesn't (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Doyle, I think David's point is, how do we know anything with 100% certainty? Without going too deeply into epistimology (we HAVE done just that on off-topic.debate, you could review it if you're interested) I'd claim that we know things in general (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I think neither one was childish - Doyle was just checking, while David (I think) was trying to make a point, mainly that you never know anything in this uncertain world, sometimes you just have to believe... (...) And if he is new, so what? (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) But I see taking it to this extreme after many people have come up with evidence in Brad's defense childish. (...) You're absolutely right. I guess I was too tired when I posted after getting less than 2 hours of sleep before to word it that (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) That is true. But on the other hand, that was right before Christmas, and that seems an unfair time to expect immediate replies from anyone.... (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Thanks Lar, I didn't know todd said he was A ok. Thats fine with me if Todd checked it out and found him to be true. Just with the mountain of messages its hard to find the one message of confirmation. I read a lot of the letters (which I am a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) If you "know" that, you are either deluded or God. So which is it? Actually, since your previous post (the second one in this thread, that is), did in fact cause me some moderate offense, I guess I know which it is. Jasper (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Customer goodwill must count for something too -- granted, it's long-term profit that's involved there, and typical pointy-haired managers don't look forward that far, but still.. (...) Why, particularly, is time short? Is TLG, or you, not (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Todd didn't come out and say so in so many words in a post here, but if Todd had doubts about his bonafides Todd would never have approved his posting privileges. Those are the dots I connected, and those dots were there for you or anyone else (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) He certainly was. Sarcasm, however, is a very legitimate discussion tool. He was using sarcasm because he felt it was the best way to make his point. I really doubt he was deliberately trying to upset you. Of course, if you're going to be (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Good post, mostly. Right, mostly... Bask away, Jasper... (...) My take on that is that Brad himself has imposed a deadline of "summer" for things to start happening. A lot must be done between now and then for this thing not to be stillborn. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) out (...) I agree. I do feel bad that I continued this discussion on this thread which should have been placed somewhere else. I do apologize. :) As for the Grammer well your right, I do write quick and I am fortunate to find my mistakes at (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Wow! I did have a lot of grammer and spelling mistakes! I think maybe I'll post just once a year? :-) Thank you Lar. Doyle (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) That would be missing my point! My point was that those that judge quickly are making a mistake. Please don't restrict yourself to once a year! (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) <gloat mode=subdued_but_obv...s></gloat> (...) I would hope that Brad would not feel that getting the project done on time is more important than doing it right. I, and I'm fairly sure you agree, feel that it's much better to wait a bit longer (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Well, ya. Except that there appears to be a very real possibility that there are to be no more service packs, given the statements in the Jan S@H catalog about limited availability on all service packs. It would be nice if someone who was in (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Especially considering many of the parts/accessory packs are going away - they'll NEED LD up and running to take care of us ;-) Did you notice? If you go to the Lego US Catalog, and check the Service section, all that's left is the Technic motor in (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) Uhmm... what? No service packs??? Say it ain't so, man... say it ain't so! (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I think the fact that they are gone from the US Catalog on the Lego site is a definitive enough statement :-/ THAT BEING SAID, I bought a bunch of the black slope packs a few months back, and still have many of the pieces to trade for 2x2 med (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Don't get too excited about the Lego Direct logo on the small in-box catalogs. This logo is not new, however, it is simply an alternate name for Shop At Home Service. To be precise, this Lego Direct is short for Lego Direct Marketing and is Shop At (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

Larry has all the points on target as always. However, what I would like to see us all do to help LegoDirect is to remember what this specific forum LUGNET.DEAR-LEGO was designed for. It was always intended for us to leave our comments, {real} (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I think we may need to take a deep breath here and realize this is the holiday season. I don't know about you or anyone else, but I haven't been at work (officially) since a few days before Christmas. Why should we think Brad has been? (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I have work e-mail that I'm not going to bother responding to until I get back to the office on Monday.... (not that I'm neglecting my duties - my entire university is closed right now, so responding to the e-mail would be a little silly since (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) like (...) Lego (...) Yeah, but we're FANS! We're supposed to have unrealistic and selfish expectations. <GD&R> James (URL) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

[followups to lugnet.admin.general] (...) On that note, someone applying for posting privileges under the email address legoshop@aol.com today was just denied, after a bit of investigation. In light of LEGO Direct's recent appearance, and (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)