Re: CBN broadcast Re: Castle World - The Gathering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 12:48:23 GMT

[Character On]

"Lord Bertar, I have a message for you from the King, which was just delivered
by messenger," Captain Renault of the King's Lancers stated as he marched
unannounced into Bertar's office.

"All messages from the King should be delivered directly to me," Bertar
growled, annoyed at the interruption, as he turned the parchment over in his
hands and noted that the wax seal appeared to be intact. But he was sure that
Renault had his own copy of the King's seal hidden in his quarters.

"I'll be sure to remind the King's Messengers of that the next time," replied
Captain Renault with a slight smirk.

Bertar ignored him and began reading the message. As he read, his eyebrows
slowly raised, then lowered in a scowl, as his hands clenched the parchment
harder and harder. Finally, he sighed, lowered the parchment and looked at the
smirking Captain Renault.

"The King has recently received word of the rediscovery of the Isle of Mist,"
stated Bertar, though he was sure that Renault already knew the contents of the
message. "The King requests that I personally lead an expedition to the Isle to
protect his interests and see how we may profit from the discovery."

"This is great news," replied Captain Renault. "I will have the staff informed
that I will serve as Governor in you absence, and prepare a declaration to the
people."

"No need to go to all that trouble," Bertar said dryly, "You're coming with
me."

"What!" exclaimed the stunned Renault. "I mean, forgive me Lord Bertar, but I'm
sure the King intended for me to remain here while you undertook this journey."

"If I'm leading this expedition, I will choose who accompanies me, and I
wouldn't dream of attempting it without someone of your experience at my side,"
replied Bertar. "Now go and begin preparations for our journey, that's an
order."

Slightly red-faced, Renault saluted stiffly, turned and stalked out of the
room.

'I'm not sure I like the idea of Renault guarding my back on this journey,'
thought Bertar, 'But at least I'll be able to keep my eye on him, and he won't
be back here trying to usurp my authority. I'm sure the King is sending me on
this expedition to get me out of the way for a while. I'll have to appoint
someone I trust to govern in my place until I return.' Bertar sighed again.
'I'd better select the rest of the expedition party, so I will at least have
some friendly faces around me. Who would have thought governing this
God-forsaken desert would have been so difficult?'

[Character Off]

Greetings everyone. I've been lurking on this group for a while, but this
thread inspired me to finally post. Since this is my first post, allow me to
introduce myself. I'm an AFOL who has recently come out of a fairly lengthy
dark age (15 years?). I don't have much built yet (still trying to build up my
brick supplies), and I don't have any photos yet, but I do have a small webpage
set up with some background for my World, which is at
http://www.buffnet.net/~beakman/lego/castle/desert.htm. I hope to become more
active in building and participating in this group, and maybe join Castle World
and LUGNET. Thanks for reading!

Steve B.