Re: CBN broadcast Re: Castle World - The Gathering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 22:24:08 GMT

<Character: ON>
*Eavesdropping*

King Kess sat half-awake on his throne in the great hall in the Palace of
Lintop, trying to fight off sleep.  A single candle lit the room. Its
flickering light cast strange shadows over the walls.  He had gotten word
that the wise wizard Yeonan wanted to speak with him.  Yeonan didn't talk
much, but whenever he did, it usually meant something of the utmost importance.

It was just past eleven o'clock when Yeonan entered the hall.  Escorted by
two guards that were told by the king to exit.

"Sire," Yeonan said kneeling.
"Yeonan rise.  You may skip the courtesy.  Please tell me what you is so
urgent that you prevent my nights rest," Kess said beckoning Yeonan to rise.
"Sire, word is spreading through the magical community that a great
expedition is being made to the Isle of Mists.  From what I have heard there
is also talk of great treasure," Yeonan said.  He knew the King especially
liked treasure.
"And what action do you think we should take?  Send an expedition ourselves?"
"That was what I came to talk to ye about.  I think it would be in the
Kingdom's best interests that we at least send a scholar to record the event.
But preferably, I say we send a small group of 'professional' men."
"Has anyone reached the island as of now?"
"No Sire, but even if we left as early as tomorrow, we would never get there
first.  Many others have had a long head start."
"Then why bother me with this conversation?" Kess said disappointedly.
"Because we do not need to reach the isle first." Yeonan replied with an
evil smile that was hidden beneath his long beard.
"Why?"  Kess's spirits seemed to brightened.
"Let the other's reach the isle first.  Let them explore what they can.  By
the time we arrive, which will be very soon, we can..." Yeonan stopped and
looked around, then moved close and whispered something indistinguishable to
the King.
Kess gave an evil smiled.
"Excellent!" he said clapping his hands together.
"You may choose whomever you like to follow, but take no more than two
knights.  We need all we can muster to defend against the Sirion Fleet.  Now
leave. I need sleep."
"Yes Sire," Yeonan replied taking a deep bow.  And then he disappeared out
of the hall.