Re: CBN broadcast Re: Castle World - The Gathering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:48:48 GMT

<omni-present narrator mode on>

  Wilhelm lay uneasily upon his bed in the Two Hawks Inn. Kaiser looked
timidly up at his master, tossing and turning in a restless slumber. It had
been only a few days since the Gathering, where Wilhelm had acted as
translator for Emperor Inoki and General Kawada. Wilhelm had thought that
Draven's stories of the Isle of Mist had been little more than the rantings
of a deranged old man, but he had been haunted by visions ever since:

     The batlle raged all around him. Wilhelm had no time to wonder, nor did
he care, how he had arrived or why he was fighting. It was the biggest
battle he had ever seen; it semmed to stretch all the way to the horizon in
every direction. He pressed forward, deeper into the fray, his naginata
cutting down the opposition like wheat. A thunderous euphoria filled him;
every part of his body felt more alive than ever before, he was unstoppable.
      Wilhelm's eyes fell upon a giant of a man towering over all that came
against him. He wielded a broadsword in one hand and a greataxe in the
other, effortlessly swinging and striking as if they were weightless. The
giant's armor glistened like the moon as he battled with an unmatched
ferocity. Wilhelm gripped his naginata, roared, and charged the giant. The
giant turned to face the rushing Wilhelm.
      Suddenly Wilhelm stopped, frozen mid-stride. He couldn't move, but he
could see that nothing else was moving, nothing but the giant before him.
The giant threw down his sword at Wilhelm's feet. With his free hand, the
giant removed his great helm, his long golden locks falling down onto his
shoulders.
Wilhelm's eyes burned as he gazed upon the terror and glory of the face of
Kheroneous.
      "Wilhelm, you must retrieve my vengance from the Isle of Mist. To get
there, you must seek out a face from your past." Kheroneous' voice boomed
inside Wilhelm's head. Wilhelm struggled to speak but a stern look from the
god standing before him froze the words in his throat. Kheroneous's booming
voice continued, "Honor me in all you do, Wilhelm. There shall be many great
deeds in your future. I can tell you no more. Go. NOW!!!!"

       Wilhelm shook from his sleep and sat upright. A cool sweat ran down
his body as he looked around. His eyes slowly came into focus and he saw a
fuzzy face looking up from the foot of the bed.
       "WEll, it's time to go, boy." Wilhelm told his four-legged companion.
Wilhelm began packing his posessions and patted Kaiser's head. Kaiser looked
up, his head tilted slightly to the side."I don't really know where we're
headed, but we best get going."

<narrator off>
The quest begins!

Fritz