Re: CBN broadcast Re: Castle World - The Gathering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 04:07:32 GMT

CBN:

Fred here, speaking more-or-less for the Blank Shields, and all that.
Fascinating stuff, this Isle of Mists.  I've heard the rumours of course,
but I never paid them much interest, to be honest.  Moutain dragon, you
know, not much for water, I'm afraid.  Never had much truck with Boxeder
either, to be honest; Sprites are so hard to get along with.

Anyway, as The Captain is constantly telling me, "to the point" and all that:

As this island presents certain hazards, namely that "Early reports
...suggest that majickal powers are nullified by proximity ...", well it's
occured to me that trained mercenaries that don't particularly rely on Magic
et cetera might be useful to someone.  Not really all that hot on going
ourselves, per se - The Captain's quite happy where we are - but if there's
anyone out there who's keen on this, and can't quite manage the manpower to
pull it off, well, look no further.

Which is of course, to say, the Blank Shields are for hire, standard guild
terms and so forth, contract to be determined by negotiation and all that
boring paperwork.  Contact us through the usual means, of course.

I must say, I'm rather looking forward to all this.  Stirred up a real
hornets nest, has Draven.  Cheers!