Subject:
Check Out My Brickshelf Gallery!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:31:53 GMT

Hey guys!
I got so into character, that i forgot to announce some stuff!
My space provider is changing servers, so during the switch (and
consequently, my site being down as a result) I moved all my freshly
uploaded pictures to Brickshelf.
At my gallery:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RascalKing1083/

You can check out:
2 new pics from my chracter's broadcast to CBN.
22 new pics of MOCs old and new- Gallstorme City and the new Thunderheart
Keep (the lion headed one)
35 character bio pics, some have been uploaded to my site before, the rest
are newly uploaded.

Check em out! I wanna know what you guys think.
Oh, and by the way, I love this new story arc for Castle World! Yess! Unity
at last!
HAHA

Catch you cats later,
Rascal King

"All in all, it was just another brick in the wall.."

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Jason Cicchini writes:
In Character Mode: Start...

Greetings, fellow majikal adepts! 'Tis Myrrin the Blue here, along with my
fellow Majik- users of Velaria: Alec Wyvern, Priestess Bark, her daughter
Queen Lidania Halcourt, and Kane Ghostulle.
<see us here: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/RascalKing1083/CBN/cbn.jpg >

It is my pleasure to speak to all of you on their behalf.
Newly crowned Queen Lidania Halcourt of Gallstorme offers the assistence of
her personal forces for any quest to the Isles of Mist.
As does Priestess Bark of the Forest druids, who assures everyone that,
while her druid people's majik will be blocked by the mists, they are
excellent marksmen.
Alec, Kane and an undecided party shall soon journey to the isles
personally, however they propose, upon a meeting of friendly forces, they
shall join in the research and halp any way possible.

I, as well, am currently delving into many of the mysteries which comprise
the Isles beyond the horizon. One particularly interests me: an ancient
legend which prophesizes new races of beings beyond the mists.

I hope that all of our journeys are safe as well, and that the Isles hold
all the riches, boh physical and majikal, which are hoped for.

Myrrin from Velaria signing off!

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.announce, Chris Maddison writes:
Everyone,

The Gathering writeup is complete.  Please read from beginning to end...this
is one thing you do *NOT* want to miss.

http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/the_gathering/

-Castle World Administration
Chris, Pawel, Craig, Nathan, and Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/

hi y'all!

a while back when i published the gregor tower pages, i mentioned wizards
using crystal balls as a sort of majickal internet. a lot of cw balladeers
liked the idea so here goes some majickal spam...

the following is a trancript of a recent message transmitted
CasleWorld-wide via the Crytal Ball Network (CBN) from Gregor :

"The recent revelations made by the mysterious old man, Draven at the
Gathering have caught the attention of nearly everyone in Castle World.  He
has contacted me personally and asked that i relay information throughout
the majickal community.  The first four shards of land that have emerged
from the mists are:

in the North ~ N-5 x W-3
in the West ~ W-6 x N-0
in the South ~ S-5 x W-2
and in the East ~ E-5 x N-5

"More details regarding initial scouting reports follow a brief history
(such as it is..)"

"Though historical references to The Isle of Mist are both varied and
vague, they exist in the esoteric corners of nearly all Castle World
cultures. These legends, as shrouded in mist as the place that inspires
them, paint images of unimagiable treasures and even more unimaginable
terrors. There are disturbingly numerous accounts of the island being an
illusion of the mist, concealing an all-consuming vortex."

"Of special interest to the majickal community are the recurring
references to the island being "The Center of The World",where it has
appeared consistently since the mapping of Legocia (the Legocean, Legocea)
began eons ago. Sea captains have long known to steer their ships well clear
of this mist-enshrouded area, passing along tales to their crews of ancient
vessels that disapeared into the whiteness, never to be seen again."

"The elder sprite, Boxeder, in his ancient essay, "Myths of Legocia",
writes of the secrets of the universe that lie "...within the puzzle; within
the maze; within the mist". There appears to have been more written on this
subject, but a water stain has unfortunately reduced the next six lines of
text on this decrepit scroll to illegibility. (Although the words
"dragon(s), enlightenment", "mushroom"(fungi), and "eye" seem to suggest
themselves to this old wizard's eyes.) The marred paragraph ends with the
words, "...thus dawn comes to a World forever changed.""

"(Should anyone be able to provide an undamaged copy of this rare scroll,
it would be greatly appreciated.)"

"I personally am planning to undertake the journey to see and investigate
this mythical island firsthand. I encourage any and all interested wizards,
witches, etc. to share any relative research and/or expounded theories."

"Early reports from Draven's scouting parties suggest that majickal powers
(as well as the workings of complex machinations) are nullified by proximity
to the mist. (As great a distance as two miles according to initial sketchy
accounts.) Such harsh and even hazardous conditions should not intimidate us
from working together to study and account the ancient mysteries now being
revealed in the wake of the receeding mists."

"~ Gregor the Learned, Gray Wizard of Brjunestjia"

so there you have it, fellow balladeers. let's hear the responses from the
majickal characters of cw! in-character resonses to this thread desired! the
"Boxeder scroll" is _really_ rare, so noone pop up with one,(just yet,
anyway) ok?

  later ~ craig~