Re: OOC: Query re: Isle of Mist(s)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 06:40:08 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Matt Brooks writes:
But is it ISLE of Mist, or ISLES of mist? I know I referred to it as
ISLES in my story, but now I'm not so sure if that is right. I mean, it
seems like something that may be more than ONE land mass considering all
the mystery surrounding it...... Maybe that's something we'll just have
to work out when we get there?

Precisly. We don't really know to much about it!!

(Honestly, we don't. The way Craig, Chris, Pawel and I worked it out, each
of us is working on something else in the area; and so neither of us gets to
control everything or know everything about everything.)

*grin* But if there is an "OFFICIAL"
ruling on this, I'd like to know before I go off all cock eyed.

The "official ruling" is just that: as a collective, we (Castle World) don't
know... we'll have to work our way through the Mist and find out!
However, the name is still the Isle of Mist. (We'll stick to the singular
unless Craig insists otherwise; I can't remember what he originally wanted
the name to be.)

-Shiri

  hey there you unruly band of balladeers ~

  it's THE ISLE OF MIST. singular/singular.  just the way it was broadcast
over the very reputable majickal news source, CBN.;-) of course variations
in translations, cultures, etc could refer to the legendary place any number
of ways. ("misty island", the "lost mists of legocea", "mysterious mist", or
even the serpentine "isles of mists") but for common usage henceforth its
the Isle of Mist.

  technically speaking, there could be some fragmented islands around the
continent. we just won't know till the mist clears, now will we?. the iom is
a continental island in the center of Legocea, just a bit smaller (in
relative scale) than Australia. pretty big hunk of land. it could even take
years to explore it all.

  so here's the nitty gritty on what shiri mentioned above. four of us in cw
admin. will act as "story guides" on the island. chris is in the north, i'm
in west, shiri is in the south and pawel is in the east.

  we'll be there to describe what your cw characters encounter, set up
challenges and mysteries and generally have fun.  each of our own personal
cw characters will go to another story guide's area to keep the balladeering
part fun for us as well. (fi, lapis, mephisto and my other brjunestjian
characters will be arriving on the iom in the north, chris' area.) story
guides will be the official word on each of their areas. this divides the
participating cw balladeers into four "teams" for which the story guides are
more like "coaches" than "captains". our goal is to write some wonderful
stories and build some great models to go with them. sort of a MOC theme if
you will.

  i gotta send a big round of applause to pawel who has been working his
toukass off behind the scenes. there is SOOO much more that i'm not even
mentioning here and now, because it's not the time or place.

  can't wait to get this party started!

later ~ craig~